Around this time last year, we gave you a list of things to do during the fall in San Luis Obispo that included things like visiting the Avila Valley Barn, savoring local wines in Paso and SLO, and experiencing the Cambria Scarecrow Festival. While these are all great things you should still try to do this year, we have an updated list of things for you to do! After exploring the beauty and wonders of San Luis Obispo, come down to Margarita Adventures, located in Santa Margarita, and enjoy our wine, Hotel, and Adventure Packages, or experience one of our adventure tours, like our zipline tours, kayak tours, and nature and wildlife tours. The view of Santa Margarita only gets more spectacular as the leaves begin to change. Contact us today to book a tour — we look forward to hearing from you!
Experience the Monarch Butterfly Migration
Towards the end of October, thousands of monarch butterflies migrate to Pismo Beach to escape the cold northern winters. You can’t miss them, as they all cluster in the eucalyptus trees at Pismo State Beach until February. The migration peaks around Thanksgiving and lasts through early January, bringing between 28,000 and 34,000 butterflies. Thousands of tourists and locals congregate at the park along the highway, making it something that you have to see.
Swing by the See Canyon Fruit Ranch
Open from September through November, See Canyon Fruit Ranch invites you to come and enjoy some of the finest and freshest organic produce in the Central Coast. Some things you can expect to find in their barn includes
- Apples – Depending on the time of the year you visit, there are a variety of apples available, like Golden Delicious, Red Gold, Fuji, Red Delicious, Pippin, Gala, and more. You’ll have to come during the fall and see what you can find!
- Apple cider – All of their cider is freshly pressed from all of their homegrown apples. There is no added sugar, so you’re able to fully experience the natural sweetness of the apples.
- Honey – All the honey is grown locally, as it is raised on their ranch.
- Eggs – All of their eggs are farm-fresh, laid by happy hens who knew that these eggs would make happy customers.
- Pears – If you’re looking for really juicy pears that can be enjoyed alone or with cheese and crackers, then these are exactly the kind of pears you want.
- Organic produce – They grow all kinds of vegetables from their garden, like heirloom tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, cucumber, kale, basil, shishito peppers, bell peppers, and more are available in their barn. You will get your daily serving of veggies here for sure!
- Various goodies – In addition to showcasing some of their own goods, See Canyon also showcases products like pumpkins, jams, jellies, almond brittle, apple butter, arts, and more!
Spend Your Thursday Night at the San Luis Obispo Farmers Market
Every Thursday night, downtown San Luis Obispo transforms into a place for foodies and families to gather, enjoying the smells, sights, and tastes. Walk at your own pace and stroll from vendor to vendor, there are 120 of them for you to see, each showcasing their own locally grown produce, flowers, handcrafted goods, jewelry, and more! There is even live entertainment and ready-made food for you to enjoy. Fire-roasted corn on the cob, homemade chicken pesto lasagna, pizza, hummus and pita chips, and more are all provided, so you can eat all weekend long.
Join Margarita Adventures for a Wildlife Tour
Santa Margarita is beautiful year-round, especially during the fall when the leaves start to change and the temperature starts to drop. There is nothing more exciting than the exploration of nature, and the opportunity to see native wildlife. Exploring the land during this season, whether you are on foot or in our Humvee, will give you the unique opportunity to reconnect with nature and disconnect with the stress of everyday life. Take the chance to learn about the native plants and the tracks and signs of wildlife. If you need something of a quicker pace, then book a zipline or kayak adventure tour and experience the beauty of Santa Margarita a variety of different ways.
There are an endless amount of things for you to enjoy when you come to San Luis Obispo, from family fun to couple entertainment. Experience the magic of San Luis Obispo and Santa Margarita. Call us today for your next family retreat, couples vacation, and adventure tour.